Thursday, December 17, 2009

Sara Bareilles Give Fans a "Free Ride" for the Holidays


Merry Chrismakwanzika!

I bet you don't know what I'm doing. Yes, I'm writing a blog. But what am I doing while writing this blog?

Did you guess?

No. I am not working on college apps. Who are you? My mother?

I'll give you a hint.

Last night around 6:45, Sara Bareilles posted an update to her Twitter announcing that she would release a new live EP on her website today.

Can you guess what I'm doing now?

That's right. I'm listening to the new live EP by the one and only Sara Bareilles. You should be too. Go download it.

What's that? Your iPod is already exploding from too much music? Well delete some stuff. You've got to make some space for this.

This one-track, 31 minute delight is from the Chicago stop of last winter's Gravity Tour. Featuring new arrangements of tracks from her major label debut, Little Voice, this is Sara Bareilles as you've never heard her before.

Remember "Love Song" - the one with the insanely catchy piano riff and a Grammy nomination to its name? It's here. Bareilles barely touches the piano on this live recording. It also features "Come Round Soon," a track shamelessly left out of last fall's live DVD, Between the Lines: Live at the Fillmore.

She also debuts a new song on her internet EP, "Free Ride."

It's not a new record, but it will definitely tide eager fans over until its release.

Have I still not convinced you?

It's free.


Peace.
Emily

Track Listing
1. Intro
2. Bottle It Up
3. Come Round Soon
4. Vegas
5. Free Ride
6. Love Song
7. I'm On Fire (featuring Tony Lucca) [Bruce Springsteen Cover]
8. Gravity

No comments:

Post a Comment