Friday, September 4, 2009

Come September, Come New Album Releases (and Reviews)

I have been fortunate enough to inherit some of the newest albums before they have been released and would like to give you readers just a bit of insight  (There are a lot of albums so I have to be brief about some of them):
September 8 
  • A Fine Frenzy - A Bomb In A Birdcage
  • Rodrigo y Gabriela - 11:11 (BUY THIS. I haven't heard it but I can only predict perfection from this dynamic classical guitar duo
  • Boys Like Girls - Love Drunk (3 Stars out of 5): WATCH OUT BLG FANS. This is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING like their debut album/self-titled release. They have joined the mass of power pop bands like All Time Low and Jet Lag Gemini (god I hate that name...no offense to the band or anything) and have conformed to the synth filled sounds of major labels. I particularly do not like the album, and I particularly would not recommend it to most people. Give yourself a few days and you shall hear it for yourself.
  • Saosin - In Search of Solid Ground (4.5 Stars out of 5): They have done it again! Following their self-titled debut album (released in 2006), Saosin has brought us another gem in their jewelry box. They have gone back to their roots of The Grey EP. Cove’s vocals have never sounded so clean and beautiful, the guitar work is just as invigorating as before, and Alex Rodriguez’s drumming remains spot on with his signature fills.  This is sure to be an ear pleaser.
  • Advent - Naked and Cold

September 15
  • Everytime I Die - New Junk Aesthetic

September 22
  • Slayer - World Painted Blood
  • Brand New - Daisy
  • Five Finger Death Punch - War Is The Answer (2.5 out of 5): I am highly disappointed in the album. Moody's vocal are just not up to par and the guitar riffs feel like they repeat within the album multiple times. The album marks the record debut of new guitarist Jason Hook, pulled from the Alice Cooper after original guitarist Darrell Roberts split in January of this year. Hook's playing is decent (I mean the guy has played for Hillary Duff....I don't judge but you know). I have a hard time judging this album for a general audience, so I recommend listening to it yourself if you want a good idea.
  • MIKA - The Boy Who Knew Too Much
September 29
  • Paramore - Brand New Eyes: Listen to their single "Ignorance" and you will feel the same insane intensity that I can predict this album will bring. DO NOT MISS THIS
Peace Out
Alena

No comments:

Post a Comment